Old 06-05-2006, 03:35 PM posted to triangle.gardens
laurie \(Mother Mastiff\)

Default Need one digger for poultry-enriched clay!

One person who has gotten poultry-enriched soil amendments from my chickens
before and has raved about how well the stuff made his garden grow is
interested in getting some of the enriched clay from the outside pens, but
he is looking for a helper, either to share the work and each take part of
the goodies, or as a paid laborer.

The clay is also quite rich, and of course most of the poop is well aged,
but the clay is easiest to dig when wet, and that makes it heavy (and
stinky, but I provide disposable plastic booties).

Interested, or know a student with a strong back?

Email me off list if interested, and I will put you in touch with the man
who wants help. I want to put wood chips in all the breeding pens, but need
3-4 inches of thoroughly "enriched" clay dug out of the pen floors first.

Email me off list!

Thanks,

laurie (Mother Mastiff)