GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Too late to plant new shrubs? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/north-carolina/143918-too-late-plant-new-shrubs.html)

Mac Cool 12-05-2006 03:31 AM

Too late to plant new shrubs?

I want to rip out my old nasty foundation plantings and put in new
plantings. Is it too late in the spring to plant new shrubs?

I would like some plantings with larger leaves, I don't care for the box
elder variants I have. Anyone have recommendations for foundation plants,
low maintenance, partial sun, Garner area?

Thanks.

Last thing, here is a rough sketch of our plantings if anyone could give
me some advice on what to plant and where.
http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/9...ndscape5dy.gif
--
Mac Cool

Rick da' Gardna 13-05-2006 04:13 AM

Too late to plant new shrubs?

pink, red or white azaleas are great foundation plants. you may want
to try a scotch broom or perhaps a burning bush.