Old 15-05-2006, 06:49 AM posted to triangle.gardens
laurie \(Mother Mastiff\)

Default Best bulk pine straw in SW Wake?

I need about 30-35 bales of pine straw to finish the renovation of my yard
(removind dead/dying trees and a lot of underbrush). Usually I just buy 7
or 8 at any big hardware store and carry it home in the van, but in that
quantity, I am thinking price break, at least enough to offset the delivery
fee, if any.

Who has the best quality and prices, and will deliver for a reasonable fee?

I am off Ten Ten near Holly Springs Rd.

Thanks!

laurie (Mother Mastiff)

Old 17-05-2006, 03:33 AM posted to triangle.gardens
Tony Cottle

Give the hort people a break! Despite what you seem to think 30 to 35 bales
of straw is no big deal. Discounts of plants and plant material are
usually disconted when hundreds of items are sold and tax id #s are
involved.

If you knew how hard hort people work and how little money they make you
would be embrassed by your expectations.

Tony (father Shar-Pei)

news

Old 17-05-2006, 11:03 PM posted to triangle.gardens

On 2006-05-17, Tony Cottle wrote:
[...]

Or just ask the local provider if they would give a discount if you
bought 35 bales instead of 10. Many small businesses who never see that
many sold at once may offer 35 cents off (10%) almost automatically.

I know when I had a retail store that was my rule. MOst folks never ask
though.

is a garbage address.
Old 18-05-2006, 07:39 AM posted to triangle.gardens
laurie \(Mother Mastiff\)

Wes,

Thanks, that info was what I was hoping for. I do have a tax number
(somewhere), but usually use it just for my fiber arts and knitting needles.

For the record, I was a horticulturalist in Forida in the 70s, as my
permanently damaged back bears silent witness. I'm not a rich yuppie trying
to skin a hardworking nursery. Heck, I'm not even employed at the moment!
Hence the interest in a fair bargain.

laurie (Mother Mastiff)

wrote in message
. ..
On 2006-05-17, Tony Cottle wrote:
[...]

Cheap, quality pine straw in bulk? Siouxzi North Carolina 2 25-09-2004 11:35 PM
barley straw vs oats straw? G & K Meyer Ponds 5 13-05-2004 07:04 PM
pine straw recommendation ASN North Carolina 0 01-08-2003 12:03 AM
Pine Straw Dan Marsengill Lawns 1 31-07-2003 08:23 PM
Pine Straw available in Piedmont Eugene Street North Carolina 0 01-05-2003 06:45 PM