GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   stressed Purple Leaf Plum (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/north-carolina/145259-stressed-purple-leaf-plum.html)

jim frei 21-05-2006 08:16 PM

stressed Purple Leaf Plum

I have a small plum (1.25" caliper) that I planted Fall 2005. While two
others within 25 feet are growing and doing fine, this one is stunted, has
dead brown leaves on one main branch, several dead branches, and the
remaining leaves are wilted...I doubt this tree will live past the
mid-summer.

I see no sign of insects or fungus. All three plums are in the same type
soil, and have been watered and fertilized the same. Only this one is
dying.

Any suggestions?

jtill 25-05-2006 12:37 AM

stressed Purple Leaf Plum

Fire Blight? Sulphur or Beadreaux mixture is the only cure I know of. I
hope you don't have it. You should check with your farm agent.
Joe T
Houston

jim frei 25-05-2006 02:02 AM

stressed Purple Leaf Plum

"jtill" wrote in message
ups.com...
Fire Blight? Sulphur or Beadreaux mixture is the only cure I know of. I
hope you don't have it. You should check with your farm agent.
Joe T
Houston

There is absolutely nothing to indicate blight, insect damage, fungus or
mold on the leaves, stems, or trunk. I think sometimes a young tree just
dies for no apparent reason.

I'm going to dig it up and plant a new one.