Old 30-05-2006, 03:13 AM
Registered User

Smile Brown petals and buds on Blushing Knockout Rose

Last year I planted 3 Blushing Pink Knockout roses (pale pink)as well as the rose color. All the plants are very healthy but just last week I noticed that the flowers on the pale pink ones are somewhat deformed looking with brown around the edges. The buds also have this brown on them. I do not see any aphids or other insects on the plants. There are some elongated holes on a few leaves. I know these are supose to be disease free. Has anyone else had this problem? I thought I read earlier about some having this problem but have not been able to retrieve the "thread". Would over fertilizing the buses cause this? Thanks for any help.
Old 02-06-2006, 09:42 PM posted to triangle.gardens
MJC

Default Brown petals and buds on Blushing Knockout Rose

If the brown edges seem dry you have "Thrips" They are a but that is very
tiny. Spraying with a product with "orthene" will get rid of them.
MJ

--
PATSY COSTNER