Old 07-06-2006, 05:23 PM posted to triangle.gardens
Mike

Default Looking for Garden Space

Does anyone need garden help, have a garden that is too big to tend? I
just moved from Pittsboro where I had large garden spaces to a
townhouse in Cary where I have no dirt. I am seriously interested in
helping tend a garden in exchange for some veggies. Does anyone know of
a garden co-op close to RTP?

Old 07-06-2006, 06:34 PM posted to triangle.gardens
marymind

Contact Bill Dow at Ayrshire Farms off 64W 542-5528
http://www.ces.ncsu.edu/chatham/ag/SustAg/pyofarms.html

Old 16-06-2006, 12:30 AM posted to triangle.gardens
laurie \(Mother Mastiff\)

Mike,

At this point, it is getting pretty late to plant much. My large garden off
Ten Ten a bit SW of Cary didn't get planted because Iam handicapped and
couldn't get anyone to weed and turn over (gently) the soil. If you will
weed and turn it over, you are welcome to plant what you will (prefer no
toxic chemicals in the garden, though!)

Usually I prefer to plant in late summer for fall and winter veggies, my
best veggies grow in the fall and winter.

My garden has lovely rich brown soil thanks to many amendments donated by
the chickens (was slick orange clay when I bought the place). I use roundup
at a fence line about 10-12 ft from the garden, and black spot spray on the
roses far from the garden in front of the house, but otherwise don't
normally use chemicals.

The lacinato kale from last winter and Swiss chard are still hanging on!

Oh, and I have gi-normous old blueberries (practically trees, can hardly
call them bushes) that anyone sharing the garden would have access to. Soon
they will be ripe....

If you haven't already found what you want, email me OFF the list for more
info.

laurie (Mother Mastiff)

ups.com...