GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Arborist Recommendation? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/north-carolina/146414-arborist-recommendation.html)

Teech 13-06-2006 12:47 PM

Arborist Recommendation?

I'm in southern Durham (near Southpoint). I have an BIG oak tree that
may or may not have survived our new home construction (2 years ago
now).

It is leafing out...but the last half (the half farthest away from
trunk) of the branches are not leafing out. Root damage?

I need somebody to take a look at the tree and give me a prognosis.

Anybody have any recommendations?

Thanks!

--
John

Brent Harsh 13-06-2006 05:53 PM

Arborist Recommendation?

Teech wrote:

I'm in southern Durham (near Southpoint). I have an BIG oak tree that
may or may not have survived our new home construction (2 years ago
now).

It is leafing out...but the last half (the half farthest away from
trunk) of the branches are not leafing out. Root damage?

I need somebody to take a look at the tree and give me a prognosis.

Anybody have any recommendations?

Please post if you do get some private replies - I have a couple older hardwoods that I'd like to make sure are doing okay, and would like a real arborist for advice on the roots and base area, not just a chainsaw man to take it all down! I'm in older Cary, but I'd assume they'd all work the whole area.

Thanks!

--
Brent Harsh - KD4PBO /"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign: Say
bharsh at ncroadrunner \ / NO to HTML in email and news.

Teech 19-06-2006 12:51 PM

Arborist Recommendation?

Never did get a recommendation...but I did call the NC Forestry Service
guy for my area and he came out and did a pretty thorough diagnosis for
free.

http://www.dfr.state.nc.us/index.htm

--
John

j and d 21-06-2006 01:02 AM

Arborist Recommendation?

Trees of Carolina, LLC

www.treesofcarolina.com

Derek (the owner) is a certified arborist as well as a fully insured tree
removal company. Honest and professional.

Jason D.

ups.com...