Old 17-06-2006, 02:29 AM posted to triangle.gardens
Happy Moose

Default Open Garden in Wake Forest on Sunday

We are hosting an Open Garden event this Sunday on Father' Day. Our garden
has a heavy concentration of the newest daylilies available so you will see
some beautiful flowers. Come have lunch with us, too. We are cooking a
whole pig so if you have never been to a Carolina Pig Pickin' Garden Gala,
then you can this weekend.

Directions to the garden are on my web site at http://happymoosegardens.com

Bobby

--

Bobby Baxter
Happy Moose Garden, Videos, & Web Design

http://www.blingo.com/friends?ref=p6...XqvuVZff4Ox4H8
Win prizes by using the Blingo Search Engine powered by Google

Old 19-06-2006, 07:58 PM posted to triangle.gardens
Happy Moose

Our open garden event that we dubbed Moosa Pa Loosa was a grand success. We
had over 300 visitors. Everyone enjoyed the lunch we provided that was
catered by Burkenstocks of Wake Forest. We cooked a whole pig in the garden
and learned that a pig pickin and daylilies is an excellent combination.

I do not believe any from this newsgroup showed up. At least no one
mentioned it when the visited. The article in this week's Wake Weekly is
what really got the word out around town about the garden party.

I will have the garden open for visitors for about the next 10 days in
anyone would like to come and visit. Last Tuesday we also hosted 40 members
from the Wake Forest Garden Club. This past Saturday we had three charted
busses from the American Hemerocallis Society tour the garden as part of the
AHS Region 15 Summer Convention.

Bobby

Old 21-06-2006, 12:45 PM posted to triangle.gardens
Happy Moose

Hi Elliot,

Sorry you missed the gala. However, the garden is open for the next 10 days
so you are welcome to visit. Morning is the best time to view the daylilies
and I generally have the sprinklers running by 2:00 anyway, unless I know
someone is coming out to visit.

We are expecting many visitors this coming saturday.

Old 22-06-2006, 04:23 PM posted to triangle.gardens

Happy Moose wrote:

Our open garden event that we dubbed Moosa Pa Loosa was a grand success. We
had over 300 visitors. Everyone enjoyed the lunch we provided that was
catered by Burkenstocks of Wake Forest. We cooked a whole pig in the garden
and learned that a pig pickin and daylilies is an excellent combination.

I do not believe any from this newsgroup showed up. At least no one
mentioned it when the visited. The article in this week's Wake Weekly is
what really got the word out around town about the garden party.

I will have the garden open for visitors for about the next 10 days in
anyone would like to come and visit. Last Tuesday we also hosted 40 members
from the Wake Forest Garden Club. This past Saturday we had three charted
busses from the American Hemerocallis Society tour the garden as part of the
AHS Region 15 Summer Convention.

Bobby

I would have loved to go. For some reason or other, I didn't see the
posting until after the event.

Old 23-06-2006, 02:45 AM posted to triangle.gardens
Happy Moose

I just got in from deadheading the garden. It will be spectacular tomorrow
(friday morning) so if tomorrow morning works out for you please visit then.
Saturday should be great also since bloom is still increasing daily. We are
expecting many visitors on Saturday morning so please try to come anytime
between 8:30 and 12:00. In fact, I intend to keep the garden open for
visitors for at least another week. Of course, the pig pickin' is past, but
the best flower blooms are still ahead of us.

Old 24-06-2006, 12:46 AM posted to triangle.gardens
Anne Lurie

I saw the posting, but was not able to attend because of other commitments,
but I just wanted to chime in about how *gorgeous* the day lilies I got from
Bobby are!

I would almost call them traffic stoppers, but I live near the end of a dead
end road!

Anne