GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   pumpkin plant problems (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/north-carolina/147534-pumpkin-plant-problems.html)

IPFreeley 09-07-2006 07:20 AM

pumpkin plant problems

I have had this problem last year as well.
I have several pumpkin and watermelon plants that are growing and are
healthy. A few weeks ago, I saw a small pumpkin growing, and within a few
days, the pumpkin started rotting and died. This has also happened to my
watermelon plants too. What causes this? I dont have any other garden
problems.

Craig Watts 09-07-2006 01:11 PM

pumpkin plant problems

IPFreeley wrote:
I have had this problem last year as well.
I have several pumpkin and watermelon plants that are growing and are
healthy. A few weeks ago, I saw a small pumpkin growing, and within a few
days, the pumpkin started rotting and died. This has also happened to my
watermelon plants too. What causes this? I dont have any other garden
problems.

I believe it is a vine borer (sp?). Very tough to get
around. Also hits my yellow squash this time of year.

Craig