GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Banana Trees (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/north-carolina/147698-banana-trees.html)

bud 14-07-2006 06:54 PM

Banana Trees

Anyone want some Banana Trees. I have an over abundance of these things and
would like to give them new homes rather than delete them out of the yard
altogether.

--
Rich

jan 17-07-2006 03:57 AM

Banana Trees

bud wrote:
Anyone want some Banana Trees. I have an over abundance of these things and
would like to give them new homes rather than delete them out of the yard
altogether.

--
Rich

That's generous. I'd be interested in learning more.
When is the optimum time to transplant?
Are these the hardy banana?
Thanks - I'm going out of town for two weeks, so my hope is that these
are a fall transplant!

bud 22-07-2006 12:02 PM

Banana Trees

Sorry for the delay in response. These have proved to be hardy for me.
However I do build a cage around them and insulate with leaves. I find that
the plants get bigger and do better when you do that. As for fall
transplants. It's really the best time now to dig and move them. Otherwise
I'd say pot them up and put them in the ground next year. You want them to
develop a good root system before the winter.

"jan" wrote in message
oups.com...

Teech 22-07-2006 10:24 PM

Banana Trees

Emailed you the other day...but haven't heard back. I'm very
interested in at least one of these.

Where are you located?

Thanks,
John

bud wrote:
Sorry for the delay in response. These have proved to be hardy for me.
However I do build a cage around them and insulate with leaves. I find that
the plants get bigger and do better when you do that. As for fall
transplants. It's really the best time now to dig and move them. Otherwise
I'd say pot them up and put them in the ground next year. You want them to
develop a good root system before the winter.

"jan" wrote in message
oups.com...