Old 13-08-2006, 03:22 PM posted to triangle.gardens

Default watering plants

I have a hose bib right next to one of my flower beds that would be
perfect to run an soaker hose from but the problem is that its
connected to a water softner and for some reason it can't be
disconnected. Will the soft water kill my plants? I use it to water my
house plants and they are fine, but I don't want to take any chances of
doing any major damage.

Old 14-08-2006, 03:24 PM posted to triangle.gardens

On 13 Aug 2006 07:22:48 -0700 in .com blumby wrote:
I have a hose bib right next to one of my flower beds that would be
perfect to run an soaker hose from but the problem is that its
connected to a water softner and for some reason it can't be
disconnected. Will the soft water kill my plants? I use it to water my
house plants and they are fine, but I don't want to take any chances of
doing any major damage.

Depends on the type of water softener and their salt tolerance.
If you have a water softener you have to load with salt,
you'll eventually create a dead zone.
You might want to get a plumber to install a bypass.

--
Chris Dukes
"The key to effective management is properly timed hovering."

Watering the aquarium plants. Cardman Freshwater Aquaria Plants 6 06-04-2004 09:34 PM
Watering Potted Plants sweet Texas 1 31-01-2004 07:32 AM
Watering plants via wick itten Ponds 1 26-05-2003 05:08 PM
Feeding plants with mains automatic watering systems Andrew Lovatt United Kingdom 2 24-04-2003 08:56 PM
Watering tomato plants John S. DeBoo Gardening 7 25-03-2003 03:32 AM