GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Pest eating leaves (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/north-carolina/14981-pest-eating-leaves.html)

Tom 15-04-2003 02:20 AM

Pest eating leaves

I was surprised to find when I got home today that some pest has
already started devouring leaves off select plants in my yard. In
particular, there are quite a few holes in the leaves on my plum tree
and some rooted cuttings of Corkscrew Willows I've got potted.
Anything I can do to get rid of the pests w/o damaging the saplings?

Thanks,

Tom

[email protected] 15-04-2003 09:20 PM

Pest eating leaves

In article , Tom wrote:
I was surprised to find when I got home today that some pest has
already started devouring leaves off select plants in my yard. In
particular, there are quite a few holes in the leaves on my plum tree
and some rooted cuttings of Corkscrew Willows I've got potted.
Anything I can do to get rid of the pests w/o damaging the saplings?

Sevin dust.

--
Wes Dukes (wdukesNOatSPAMpoboxdotcom)

Anne Lurie 15-04-2003 11:32 PM

Pest eating leaves

Dang! I know I really do need that cataract surgery -- I misread the
header as "Pest-Eating Leaves" and I thought I was in gardening heaven!

Just to give y'all fair warning -- after my cataract surgery last summer,
about the only thing I *could* read was my computer screen (3-week period
until new glasses could be fitted), so I'll probably be bombarding this NG
with posts!

Anne Lurie
NE Raleigh

om...