Old 25-01-2007, 09:00 PM posted to triangle.gardens

Default That Termite Question

Hi Folks,

I know this is not a 100% garden question, but the alternative is to
post it in t.gen, where it is likely to spawn either an endless followup
posting contest between bored kids, or a political flame fest (about the
same thing).

Our house has gone too long without a termite inspection and renewal of
its chemical barrier. The last place we hired did a so-so job. We have
had termites before so it's not something I can leave alone.

Has anyone had a good experience with a local pest control place? I
would prefer to avoid terminix and orkin, and go with a reputable local
firm if possible.

I've rummaged through google groups and don't see many recommendations
(here or t.gen). The one I found, Swift Creek Externinating's number is
out of service.

If there's anyone I ought to avoid, I'd appreciate knowing that as well.

Thanks,

-dreq
Old 25-01-2007, 10:02 PM posted to triangle.gardens

We use Alexander Exterminating. Only reason we use them is that they did
the inspection when our house was built, and send a card each year that it's
time for the next inspection and then come out and do it. They do things
like tell us to move wood or cardboard away from the foundation and things
like that, but since we've not had any problems, I can't vouch for how they
handle standing up to their guarantees. They are local in Garner maybe? I
believe this is their web site:
http://www.alexanderexterminating.com/index.html

Pauline

link.net...

Old 25-01-2007, 10:29 PM posted to triangle.gardens

Derek Mark Edding wrote:
Has anyone had a good experience with a local pest control place? I
would prefer to avoid terminix and orkin, and go with a reputable
local firm if possible.

We've used Economy Exterminators in Cary for years, both for termites (we
had a small infestation), and for ants and wasps, which seem to love our
house as much as we do...362-1000. They've always shown up on time and seem
conscientious.

Old 26-01-2007, 11:03 AM posted to triangle.gardens

Pest control operators are licensed by the N. C. Department of
Agriculture so you might want to check with the Pest Control Division
there to make sure operator is licensed and has a clean record.

Old 26-01-2007, 02:27 PM posted to triangle.gardens

When we were in Virginia, I got 3 estimates as we had termites in a
fence attached to the house. I wanted the house treated and then to go
on a yearly inspection contract. Estimates ranged from $300 to $1500
for the initial treatment and we took the lowest one. The treatment was
effective and we were under a yearly inspection contract for 12 years
with no further problems. It was very simple also when we sold the
house to get the inspection we needed for settlement.

Pest control operators are licensed by the N. C. Department of
Agriculture so you might want to check with the Pest Control Division
there to make sure operator is licensed and has a clean record.

Termite or flying ant? Guv Bob[_2_] Lawns 0 17-09-2012 04:59 PM
Poisoning termite nest terryc Australia 28 17-08-2008 06:07 AM
Termite Advice TLR Texas 2 20-12-2006 02:43 PM
Termite-proofing redgum? Pat Australia 15 13-08-2006 09:22 AM
Where can I buy termite poisons in Qld? ling Australia 3 20-07-2003 09:32 AM