GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Irrigation (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/north-carolina/15337-irrigation.html)

Eugene Ferreira 17-04-2003 05:20 PM

Irrigation

Hi

I am trying to find out how you determine what sizeof pump you need to keep
the water pressure in an irrigation system. I stay on a farm and we're
watering from a dam, so there is no water pressure.

Eugene

Baine Carruthers 18-04-2003 02:32 AM

Irrigation

You need the following:
elevation above sea level of pump
elevation change from pump to highest sprinkler head
elevation from eye of pump to water level
size & type of suction line piping
gpm of largest zone
pipe sizes & distance to farthest head
head pressure needed at nozzle