Old 26-03-2007, 03:43 PM posted to triangle.gardens

Default Looking for recommendation on lawnmower repair in Wake Forest area.

My riding mower has decided that it no longer wants to start,
even with a fully charged battery.
I suspect that one of the dead man switches died.
It's also due for a spring tune up, blade sharpening, etc, etc...

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
--
Chris Dukes
elfick willg: you can't use dell to beat people, it wouldn't stand up
Old 28-03-2007, 02:33 AM posted to triangle.gardens
MAC MAC is offline

Try Tarheel Veterinary Supply on old NC 98. It's run by Nelson Leonard,
who has run his business there for more than 40 years. He started out
selling vet supplies and then segued into selling landscaping equipment
and mowers. Repair is about 75% of his business now. I know all this
because I wrote an article about him for the North Raleigh News. He
still sharpens my chainsaw.

MAC
Old 04-04-2007, 12:21 PM posted to triangle.gardens

My riding mower .... the dead man switches died. It's also due for a
spring tune up, blade sharpening, etc, etc...

I haven't been there yet this year, and they're probably terrifically busy
right now, but Stone Brothers & Byrd in Durham is the place to go. I
agree with the Independent: just stopping in at SB&B makes one feel good.

" Indy Pick Stone, Bros. & Byrd. Across from the old ballpark is a true
family business, a feed and seed store boasting bulk seed and fertilizer,
annuals, country hams, honey, garden hardware and truly informed advice. A
pleasant flash from the past, where everybody knows your name and you can
open a charge account that doesn't involve plastic. Old-fashioned, but
up-to-date, we sometimes go there just to feel good. Stone Bros. and Byrd,
700 Washington St., Durham. 682-1311."