Old 20-04-2003, 03:44 AM
MAC

Default Where are all the azaleas?

I guess I waited too long, but I've been looking for some red azaleas
for the bed out by the driveway, and most of them seem to have suddenly
disappeared. I've been to Lowe's and Home Depot, both of whom had large
ads touting their 3-gallon 7.97 specials, but found only a few
scraggly-looking specimens. Anyone know of a source that isn't too
expensive?

MAC

Old 20-04-2003, 04:20 AM
Patskywriter

i saw some really nice azaleas at walmart on 15-501 for only $1.97 each!

pat
Old 20-04-2003, 05:09 AM
Raleighgirl

How many do you need? I would bet Broadwell's has some. They
have THOUSANDS of azaleas. $7. I think.
Jw

Old 20-04-2003, 05:32 AM
C G

MAC wrote:

I guess I waited too long, but I've been looking for some red azaleas
for the bed out by the driveway, and most of them seem to have suddenly
disappeared. I've been to Lowe's and Home Depot, both of whom had large
ads touting their 3-gallon 7.97 specials, but found only a few
scraggly-looking specimens. Anyone know of a source that isn't too
expensive?

I saw quite a few at the farmers market today.
Old 20-04-2003, 03:44 PM
MAC

I completely forgot about Broadwell's - thanks. I'll try Wal-Mart and
the Farmer's Market as well.

MAC

Old 21-04-2003, 01:09 AM
Anne Lurie

I think the time to get a bargain on azaleas is a little earlier in April.

Although I was not in town for the annual azalea/perennial sale at the State
Fairgrounds (last weekend), I bought 10 3-gallon azaleas for $75 total the
previous weekend. (Admittedly, it helps *a lot* that I'm retired, so I can
go to these things on Friday when they first open.)

Anne Lurie
NE Raleigh

Old 21-04-2003, 02:44 AM
MAC

it helps *a lot* that I'm retired, so I can
go to these things on Friday when they first open.

Anne, it helps a lot to be a freelance writer as well. I went to the
garden club sale and got 12 Mrs. G. G. Gerbing azaleas on Friday. I'm
putting them in the back of the row, and if I can find some red ones to
go in the front, they should set off the pink ones in the middle very well.

MAC