GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Brazilian Ground Cover - grand pere? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/north-carolina/160654-brazilian-ground-cover-grand-pere.html)

[email protected] 23-06-2007 03:54 PM

Brazilian Ground Cover - grand pere?

I was recently in the rain forest of Rio (Brazil) and saw a beautiful
plant that the local guide referred to as Grand Pere. I can find no
references to this plant on the web. Has anybody ever heard of this
plant and know the correct botanical name?
Thanks

Anne Lurie 25-06-2007 04:28 PM

Brazilian Ground Cover - grand pere?

How about Ground Pear, rather than Grand Pere?

As far as I can tell, Ground Pear refers to a potato, although I'm not sure
exactly which one.

This website might help to explain it:
http://fanguide2006.yum.de/en/deutsc...en/extrawissen (German
website, but in English).