Old 31-08-2007, 02:33 AM posted to triangle.gardens

Default watering shrubs

It is so dry some of our nicer shrubs are starting to really hurt, so
we have taken some empty plastic milk jugs, punched needle sized holes
in the bottom, and put them out around some of the more vulnerable
plants. It waters them gradually so it soaks in and doesn't take much
water that way.
We refill the jugs every two days. So far it seems to be soaking the
soil pretty good.
Just an FYI for anyone who is concerned about some of their young
trees and shrubs.

Old 01-09-2007, 07:28 PM posted to triangle.gardens

We have started saving water in various ways to keep some for our
plants. We have a 5 gallon bucket in our kitchen for when we need hot
water to wash dishes. Our kitchen is far enough from the water heater
that it takes most of a gallon of water to get the water running hot.
Now I put the bucket under the tap when I need to bring up the hot
water, so there's always some extra for the plants.

If the drought continues for a few years, I may have to invest in a gray
watering system...

-dreq
Old 05-09-2007, 06:14 PM posted to triangle.gardens

Derek Mark Edding wrote:

We have started saving water in various ways to keep some for our
plants. We have a 5 gallon bucket in our kitchen for when we need hot
water to wash dishes. Our kitchen is far enough from the water heater
that it takes most of a gallon of water to get the water running hot.
Now I put the bucket under the tap when I need to bring up the hot
water, so there's always some extra for the plants.

Something I read recently about water conservation is to set the water
on hot, begin to fill the sink, using the initial cold water to temper
the eventual hot water.

--
Susan
Old 03-09-2010, 04:59 PM
Registered User

The same is not true for their ability to resist water for too long. Standing water can cause drowning due to lack of oxygen and poor drainage can cause root rot and just rot diseases. Well, in the market there is available different type of the water shrubs which is useful to dish-washes or hand washes as your need. Also there is available different designs shrubs which make the kitchen fabulous.
Old 10-09-2010, 07:10 PM
Registered User

Good advice from you, as always, I've never thought of forum posts quite like that before. I remember, but I think watering is the immediate need of all newly planted trees and shrubs. and your information is really increase my knowledge. I hope you send more information like this.