GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   anyone growing lavender? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/north-carolina/165347-anyone-growing-lavender.html)

doctoroe 25-09-2007 12:09 PM

anyone growing lavender?

Is anyone growing lavender around this area? Does it do well here, and
when in the season does it usually bloom? We are thinking about
putting some in next spring, since it seems to repel deer, at least on
a limited basis.
Thanks

Brian Dean 26-09-2007 01:49 AM

anyone growing lavender?

here ya go...
http://www.sunshinelavenderfarm.com/aboutus.php

oups.com...

Dan Becker 26-09-2007 04:25 AM

anyone growing lavender?

In article .com,
doctoroe wrote:

Is anyone growing lavender around this area? Does it do well here, and
when in the season does it usually bloom? We are thinking about
putting some in next spring, since it seems to repel deer, at least on
a limited basis.

Yep, we have some in the front yard bed, up near the house, it gets
morning sun. It's doing well after three years, even weathering the
draught with minimal care.

Seems to bloom most strongly in the spring and early to mid summer.

Dan

MAC 27-09-2007 03:10 PM

anyone growing lavender?

We've got some in the front yard that's doing pretty well, although I
wish I had mixed some sand with the planting soil when I put them in.
They get sun in the morning and dappled light in the afternoon, and they
seem OK with that.