Old 04-02-2008, 06:50 AM posted to triangle.gardens
MAC MAC is offline

Default Who's planting?

I'm about to transplant a few crape myrtles from my shady yard to
a place that gets more sun. I've heard this is one of the best
times to transplant, or to put in new plantings. Then again, there's
the drought to consider. Anyone else planting, or are you waiting
to see what happens this summer?

MAC
Old 04-02-2008, 01:39 PM posted to triangle.gardens

If you are going to do it, I would say now is the time to transplant,
yes. As for the drought. Who knows. Your transplanted trees will
definitely need a little watering the first summer. Got a rain
barrel? That's one way to get some essential watering done without
wasting water in this shortage.

Old 04-02-2008, 11:33 PM posted to triangle.gardens
MAC MAC is offline

Got a rain
barrel?

I have two, and I'm thinking of getting more. Nothing beats free water,
especially now.

Old 05-02-2008, 02:51 AM
Registered User

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC View Post
I'm about to transplant a few crape myrtles from my shady yard to
a place that gets more sun. I've heard this is one of the best
times to transplant, or to put in new plantings. Then again, there's
the drought to consider. Anyone else planting, or are you waiting
to see what happens this summer?

MAC
Don't want to transplant in the summer. Transplant now and the rain should take care of the watering or if you can connect a garbage pail to your downspout then you won't have to worry about water usage.

http://propagatingperennials.blogspot.com
Old 05-02-2008, 06:20 PM posted to triangle.gardens

On Feb 4, 12:50 am, MAC wrote:
I'm about to transplant a few crape myrtles from my shady yard to
a place that gets more sun. I've heard this is one of the best
times to transplant, or to put in new plantings. Then again, there's
the drought to consider. Anyone else planting, or are you waiting
to see what happens this summer?

MAC

My apricot tree is in (almost) full bloom (it is at least a week early this
year). When that happens it is time to plant early stuff, re-seed the small
patch of grass, etc.......

Old 06-03-2008, 08:50 PM posted to triangle.gardens

On Feb 4, 12:50 am, MAC wrote:

I'm about to transplant a few crape myrtles from my shady yard to
a place that gets more sun. I've heard this is one of the best
times to transplant, or to put in new plantings. Then again, there's
the drought to consider. Anyone else planting, or are you waiting
to see what happens this summer?

MAC

I have five rain barrels and am in the process of getting a 300 gallon
one for my garden. I have been using them for years.

Jo

Question about planting grass (small patches) [email protected] Lawns 2 01-04-2003 07:20 PM
Planting Roses Cherylmdsharp Roses 2 31-03-2003 12:32 PM
Today Elinor has mostly been planting peas..... Chris French and Helen Johnson United Kingdom 8 26-03-2003 07:08 PM
Planting new rosemary bush/shrub Anita Blanchard Gardening 1 04-02-2003 10:16 PM
Tree Planting in Housing Colony Nitin Madhavan Gardening 0 26-01-2003 12:05 PM