Old 22-04-2003, 09:56 PM
Elizabeth

Default Lady Banks rose evergreen?

Hi all,

Is this rose truly evergreen? I've never heard of an evergreen rose, but the
Monrovia website seems to indicate that it is. Anyone have any of these?

http://makeashorterlink.com/?L67841D44

Thanks,
Elizabeth

Old 22-04-2003, 10:32 PM

In article ink.net, Elizabeth wrote:
Hi all,

Is this rose truly evergreen? I've never heard of an evergreen rose, but the
Monrovia website seems to indicate that it is. Anyone have any of these?

Ours seems to be. It gets a little thin in winter but never lost down
to thorns. It has been really spectacular for the past two weeks.
Think the rainy week hurt it some.

We built an arbor and have one at each end. It will be fully covered by
the end of the summer. This thing is only slightly behind kudzu and
wysteria in growth though.

--
Wes Dukes (wdukesNOatSPAMpoboxdotcom)
Old 23-04-2003, 03:22 PM
Tomatolord

I would agree with wes -

Not thick in evergreen like a hedge although mine does not get full full
sun, which probably would thicken it up

It does grow quite a bit in the spring so give it room to roam.

Tomatolord
wrote in message
In article ink.net,

Old 23-04-2003, 05:00 PM

In article , Tomatolord wrote:
I would agree with wes -

Not thick in evergreen like a hedge although mine does not get full full
sun, which probably would thicken it up

It does grow quite a bit in the spring so give it room to roam.

5-10 foot canes in some cases. Some are viney like a rose, but others
just take off like a fishing pole. Also remember it blooms on last years
growth so prune right after it blooms and only the occassional wild cane
after that.

Tomatolord
wrote in message
In article ink.net,

Old 23-04-2003, 07:58 PM
Elizabeth

I also have an arbor that I will be growing the Lady Banks on. How big is
your arbor? Mine is 8'h x 4'w x 4'd. Should I plant it so the roots are in
shade or sun? Should I plant one on either side, do you think? Thanks.

wrote in message
In article ink.net,

Old 25-04-2003, 05:08 PM

In article ink.net, Elizabeth wrote:
I also have an arbor that I will be growing the Lady Banks on. How big is
your arbor? Mine is 8'h x 4'w x 4'd. Should I plant it so the roots are in
shade or sun? Should I plant one on either side, do you think? Thanks.

The arbor is 18x10 with the 4 posts at 14x7 feet with one plant at each
end. I don't think it matters much one now gets a lot more shade than
the other since one is northeast of the other. The
sunnier one gets about 8 hours of sun. I don't think it
matters much where the roots are.

I just took a roll of film of it and selected the option to get them put
online so if it works I will see if I can make a few jpegs available.
wrote in message
In article ink.net,

Old 25-04-2003, 06:20 PM
Elizabeth

Thanks! Looking forward to seeing the photos. Sounds like I only need one
plant for my smaller arbor. E.

wrote in message
In article ink.net,

Elizabeth wrote:
I also have an arbor that I will be growing the Lady Banks on. How big

is
your arbor? Mine is 8'h x 4'w x 4'd. Should I plant it so the roots are

in
shade or sun? Should I plant one on either side, do you think? Thanks.

The arbor is 18x10 with the 4 posts at 14x7 feet with one plant at each
end. I don't think it matters much one now gets a lot more shade than
the other since one is northeast of the other. The
sunnier one gets about 8 hours of sun. I don't think it
matters much where the roots are.

I just took a roll of film of it and selected the option to get them put
online so if it works I will see if I can make a few jpegs available.
wrote in message
In article ink.net,

Elizabeth wrote:
[...]

Lady Banks' Rose - Rosa banksiae 'Lutea' vine Paddy's Pig[_2_] Garden Photos 0 08-04-2008 04:21 AM
Lady Banks' Rose - Rosa banksiae 'Lutea' Paddy's Pig[_2_] Garden Photos 0 08-04-2008 04:18 AM
Making Lady Banks Rose Bloom Longer GSS Roses 0 26-03-2007 09:09 PM
Lady Banks Rose Rusty Mase Texas 1 12-03-2004 12:16 AM
Lady Banks Rose Rusty Mase Texas 0 11-03-2004 09:57 PM