Old 23-04-2003, 06:58 PM
BB

Default Any one dividing any plants?

I have gotten lots of plants in the past years from people on this
newsgroup. I am still looking to add to my collection. So if you are
dividing any of you bulbs etc or has some plants that you don't need
anymore, I would be more than willing to take them off your hands.

Please email me at bluebee_skyNOSPAMyahooDOTcom

Thanks so much

Old 24-04-2003, 03:09 AM
Lewis Spurlin Jr

Seems like a good idea...... if everyone would share cuttings & ect. then we
wouldn't have to buy these high priced plants from the nurseries.

Old 24-04-2003, 03:56 PM
Arwen Long

Sounds very good.
I have some seeds that will be extra... and one of the biggest "want
plants" lists in the world, with creeping wintergreen & creeping thyme
toping the list. And, I might add, I have some irises from someone on the
list and they're really close to blooming... I'm hoping to carry a stem to
my sister when I see her this weekend. (no, they're not ready to divide
yet... but if my la. irises grow fast enough i might divide them next
year)

Fyi, there is a plant swap in Garner (?) on Saturday. Wish I could go...

Arwen
------------
mapquest.com . For the address
sections put in =91Buffaloe Road=92 for the street address part, =91Garner=
=92
for the city, =91NC=92 for the state, and 27529 for the zip.

This will call up an array of choices, click on either of the first two
choices these will show you Buffaloe Road as it cuts across the top of
Lake Benson. The park entrance is off of Buffaloe Road. There are two
easy ways to get there, both involve getting off of Interstate Hwy 40 at
exit #299 and head south away from Raleigh towards Garner. This road
changes its name to Timber Drive (it=92s on the map). After you cross Hwy
70 (Target/Home Depot) count 4 stop lights and turn right on Vandora
Springs - OR - go on down Timber to Aversboro Road and turn right (Lowe=92s
Foods). Vandora Springs Road winds through a neighborhood as it climbs
a small hill it will turn sharply to the right, there will be those
tall retangular yellow and black striped signs warning you of a sharp
curve ahead. You want to make a sharp left turn in the middle of this
curve
in the road, you won=92t see it until you are in the middle of it. This
turn can be tricky if there is any traffic (should be calm Satur!
day morning). This road is Buffaloe Road it winds through a
neighborhood then crosses a part of the lake. The Park entrance is on the
right as
you crest a small hill. If you choose to come in the other way, after
you turn right onto Aversboro this road changes its name to Buffaloe
Road, the Park entrance is on the left just passed the church.

The swap will be at shelter #2 which is the small shelter on the right
as you drive down the only road in the park. You=92ll see the parking
area and the shelter passed the open field. The swapping will start at
11:00 so come a little early and visit, sign in and prep your swappings.
The shelter is reserved til 1:00pm and I doubt anyone will be needing it
after us so don=92t feel any pressure to leave.

There are places to eat nearby and everyone could meet somewhere for
lunch or we could all head off to the State Farmers Market or the
Arboretum or one of the many local nurseries. There are also other =91plant=
=92
things going on in Raleigh on Saturday which we may or may not choose to
attend as a group.

Old 24-04-2003, 04:56 PM
Beth Peace

I would love some creeping thyme seeds. All I have to offer are some Rose
of Sharon volunteers (very small, probably only on their second year),
spider wort, and what I've always called Japanese iris (not the bearded
ones...smaller and dark purple) that keep volunteering in unfortunate
places. I suppose I could part with some day lilies and bearded iris as
well.

Someone with a good shovel and some determination can get some dwarf
nandinas out of the rocky clay where they popped up. They're a good size,
but we gave up on digging them out last year when someone else came over to
glean.

Beth (Cary)