GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Looking for Bahia Grass Seed (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/north-carolina/178579-looking-bahia-grass-seed.html)

K4GPB 13-09-2008 05:55 PM

Looking for Bahia Grass Seed

My local supplier, Carpenter Farm Supply still has no supply. Anyone
have a
local source?
I know, it's ugly, but I never water and have a very green lawn. ;-)

Gary

[email protected] 15-09-2008 12:24 AM

On Sat, 13 Sep 2008 09:55:03 -0700 (PDT) in K4GPB wrote:
My local supplier, Carpenter Farm Supply still has no supply. Anyone
have a
local source?
I know, it's ugly, but I never water and have a very green lawn. ;-)

Call the department of highways. They reseeded with it after the
widened the road in front of my house and it's busy invading my yard.

Try agrisupply in garner and tractor supply company.
Also try calling some of the Dairies of Orange County, some
places use bahia as a forage grass.

If you're feeling adventurous, I might be talked into trading two strips
of sod from what the highway department planted with enough compost
to fill the divots so I can replant in poppies. I'm in Wake Forest.

--
Chris Dukes
"Let all the babies be born. Then let us drown those we do not like."