Old 02-02-2009, 04:38 PM posted to triangle.gardens

Default edamame seed

Anyone found them at a reasonable price locally? Online?

Online I saw 400 seeds
for like 3 bucks. I kind of wanted a half or full pound and keep the
excess in the freezer for next year.

Bought some snow pea seeds at Lowes Saturday for a short row to be
planted about mid Feb.

I picked up a couple handfulls of persimmon seeds on the sidewalk and
have 3 in a pot for germination testing. I am pretty sure these are
american persimmon and not the larger japanese. If they germinate I
will plant one or two in the back yard and a few on my SC property.

If anybody wants to see photos of our SC retreat let me know and I will
get you access to them in Shutterfly.
Note my email address below has the . and the @ reversed. The one in
the from line is totally garbage.

is a garbage address.
Old 07-02-2009, 03:36 AM posted to triangle.gardens

On 2 Feb 2009 16:38:01 GMT in Wes Dukes wrote:
Anyone found them at a reasonable price locally? Online?

Online I saw 400 seeds
for like 3 bucks. I kind of wanted a half or full pound and keep the
excess in the freezer for next year.

Try NC Foundation Seed, 919-269-5592
And read through this.
http://www.cefs.ncsu.edu/PDFs/FieldNote3 Edamame.pdf
Looks like you'd be better off getting new each year.

http://www.johnnyseeds.com/catalog/p...y=351&item=105

For a short season edame with mediocre germination.

--
Chris Dukes
davej eskimos have hundreds of words for snow. I have two. Bullshit.