GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Early crops planted (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/north-carolina/181334-early-crops-planted.html)

Wes Dukes 20-02-2009 05:41 PM

Early crops planted

I planted some snow peas, lettuce, arugula, turnip greens, onion sets,
and about 20 hills of potatoes (from eyes of some the spouted). Need to
get a bit of spinach in the ground as well.

is a garbage address.

[email protected] 20-02-2009 11:13 PM

Early crops planted

On 20 Feb 2009 16:41:48 GMT in Wes Dukes wrote:
I planted some snow peas, lettuce, arugula, turnip greens, onion sets,
and about 20 hills of potatoes (from eyes of some the spouted). Need to
get a bit of spinach in the ground as well.

Planted but not yet sprouted
snow peas
sugar snap peas
radishes
turnips
mustard
spinach

Growing in the basement
romaine lettuce
burnett

Thinnings planted in garden
romaine lettuce

Lingering from last year
collards
spinach

Starting this weekend in the basement
vinca
coleus
parsley

Next weekend.
peppers.

--
Chris Dukes
davej eskimos have hundreds of words for snow. I have two. Bullshit.

Craig Watts 21-02-2009 03:48 PM

Early crops planted

wrote:
[...]

We tilled two of our 3 plots 2 weeks ago during the "heat
wave". That week we planted snow peas, broccoli, Kennebeck
white potatoes and red new potatoes and lettuce.

Over wintered in the house a Tabasco plant (3yo) and two
habaneros.

Craig in Raleigh

Judy[_4_] 22-02-2009 11:46 PM

Early crops planted

I planted snow peas but no sprouts yet, onion slips that look better
hydrated and lettuce plants that are very unhappy, but surviving being
covered up at night.

Judy in Fuquay Varina

Judy[_4_] 24-02-2009 10:26 PM

Early crops planted

I started tomato seeds today, going to start herb seeds tomorrow, I have
once again bought too many seeds.

Judy in Fuquay Varina