GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Don, what sort of tomatoes are you looking for? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/north-carolina/182899-don-what-sort-tomatoes-you-looking.html)

[email protected] 22-04-2009 05:38 PM

Don, what sort of tomatoes are you looking for?

I ask because I have excess Margherita plum/sauce tomatoes,
red currant tomatoes, and jellybean tomatoes (a grape tomato).
I also have a few bell peppers, sweet banana peppers, and tepin
hot peppers.

It seems that if I plant just as many cells as I need, I end up with
crop failure... but if I plant 2-3 times what I need every single last
one of the damn things germinates and thrives...

--
Chris Dukes
davej eskimos have hundreds of words for snow. I have two. Bullshit.

Don6170 23-04-2009 12:14 AM

Don, what sort of tomatoes are you looking for?

wrote in news:slrnguuef6.flr.pakrat@neotoma-
mail01-32.raleigh.neotoma.org:

I ask because I have excess Margherita plum/sauce tomatoes,
red currant tomatoes, and jellybean tomatoes (a grape tomato).
I also have a few bell peppers, sweet banana peppers, and tepin
hot peppers.

It seems that if I plant just as many cells as I need, I end up with
crop failure... but if I plant 2-3 times what I need every single last
one of the damn things germinates and thrives...

Thanks for the offer, but I just need a couple more. I wanted to get
another Roma, and they seem to be non-existant this week.

[email protected] 23-04-2009 04:23 AM

On Wed, 22 Apr 2009 22:14:52 +0000 (UTC) in Don6170 wrote:
wrote in news:slrnguuef6.flr.pakrat@neotoma-
mail01-32.raleigh.neotoma.org:

I ask because I have excess Margherita plum/sauce tomatoes,
red currant tomatoes, and jellybean tomatoes (a grape tomato).
I also have a few bell peppers, sweet banana peppers, and tepin
hot peppers.

It seems that if I plant just as many cells as I need, I end up with
crop failure... but if I plant 2-3 times what I need every single last
one of the damn things germinates and thrives...

Thanks for the offer, but I just need a couple more. I wanted to get
another Roma, and they seem to be non-existant this week.

Well the Margheritas are supposed to be a Roma on steroids,
and I think I have 6 or 7 extra plants.

Drop 'usenet.' if you want to reply to pick up a plant or two.