GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Bermuda Grass Mowing Problem (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/north-carolina/186706-bermuda-grass-mowing-problem.html)

Sirius 21-08-2009 12:48 PM

Bermuda Grass Mowing Problem

Hi everyone,

I would like to consult you on a Bermuda Grass lawnmowing problem.

I find that in our subtropical climate, Bermuda grass which is inactive in winter grows like mad in summer, up to 2 inches per week.

I use a conventional cylindrical cut lawnmower, which has a fore-roller, which tends to flatted the grass., so that the cylindrical cutter misses the cut.

I wonder if anyone knows of a way to avoid this. Is there are a lawnmower designed to overcome this difficulty when dealing with Bermuda grass?

Anticipated thanks!

Sirius