GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Mantis tiller repair (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/north-carolina/191076-mantis-tiller-repair.html)

Trudi 25-04-2010 02:58 AM

Mantis tiller repair

I'm looking for someone who knows how to repair a Mantis mini-tiller.

Nosmo King[_2_] 25-04-2010 01:05 PM

Mantis tiller repair

Trudi wrote in
m:

I'm looking for someone who knows how to repair a Mantis mini-tiller.

What part of town are you in? Is it an issue with engine or something
specific to the tiller? Does the Mantis web site list any recommended
dealers in the area?

I have had my 30+ year old TroyBilt tiller serviced a couple of times at
Stephens Ace Hardware in Fuquay. I think they are(were) an authorized
repair center for TroyBilt (from before TroyBilt sold out to MTD).

Trudi 25-04-2010 05:58 PM

Mantis tiller repair

What part of town are you in? Is it an issue with engine or something
specific to the tiller? Does the Mantis web site list any recommended
dealers in the area?

I live near Rex Hospital. The issue is with the engine. The machine is
about 20 years old and until last year started on the first or second
tug. Last year was more difficult and now... not at all. I tried the
web site... at your suggestion. It doesn't load this morning. I will
try that again.

Nosmo King[_2_] 25-04-2010 06:29 PM

Mantis tiller repair

Trudi wrote in news:6pCdnUHOH9AW-
:

What part of town are you in? Is it an issue with engine or something
specific to the tiller? Does the Mantis web site list any recommended
dealers in the area?

I live near Rex Hospital. The issue is with the engine. The machine is
about 20 years old and until last year started on the first or second
tug. Last year was more difficult and now... not at all.

It has been a few years, but I had good service from the folks at Burke
Brothers Hardware, across from the fairgrounds.

Chrissie51 27-04-2010 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trudi (Post 884810)
I'm looking for someone who knows how to repair a Mantis mini-tiller.

Mantis UK in Stockport, Cheshire offer servicing and general repairs to the Mantis tiller. Mantis UK is a mail order company and have a good website.

[email protected] 27-04-2010 05:42 PM

Mantis tiller repair

On Tue, 27 Apr 2010 05:49:29 -0400 in Chrissie51 wrote:

Trudi;884810 Wrote:
I'm looking for someone who knows how to repair a Mantis mini-tiller.

Mantis UK in Stockport, Cheshire offer servicing and general repairs to
the Mantis tiller. Mantis UK is a mail order company and have a good
website.

Ahem, you're probably seeing through this through the garden banter
hijacking of USENET.

This is triangle.gardens.
In the USENET hierarchy triangle.* refers to the "Triangle" region
of North Carolina, US (An area vaguely defined by the towns of
Raleigh, Durham, and Chapel Hill).
The shipping costs to take that tiller to the UK could pay for a new
tiller.

And yes we deserve our own hierarchy, this area is the BIRTHPLACE
of USENET.
--
Chris Dukes