GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   What to plant? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/north-carolina/193301-what-plant.html)

Daniel B. Martin 18-08-2010 09:00 PM

What to plant?

Insect pests demolished our squash plants. This was expected, since we
refrain from using insecticides. We don't want to kill the neighbor's
honeybees.

Consequently there is garden space vacant and available for planting.
What crop might be planted to produce yields this autumn?

Daniel B. Martin

[email protected] 24-08-2010 03:16 AM

What to plant?

We usually get a nice spinach crop when we plant in early September,
often it survives the winter and we get more fresh
spinach in the spring too.

yahoosbingos 03-02-2011 06:19 PM

A plant needs sunlight, carbon dioxide, minerals and water to make food. A green substance called chlorophyll traps energy from the sun's need to make food. Chlorophyll is mainly in the leaves, the ER, there is the leaf cells.

and19bre 22-03-2011 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daniel B. Martin (Post 897742)
Insect pests demolished our squash plants. This was expected, since we refrain from using insecticides. We don't want to kill the neighbor's honeybees. Consequently there is garden space vacant and available for planting. What crop might be planted to produce yields this autumn? Daniel B. Martin

What would probably be in season now? I' thinking of some citrus fruits or bright-colored flowers, but I haven't decided yet. What do you think?

kristenmelroy 24-05-2011 06:11 AM

A home or a neighborhood with well planned greenery not only enhances the aesthetic beauty of the place but also contributes to the environment.There are innumerable species of plants available for both home gardening and outdoor garden and each ones requirement is different from others. So, to grow and nurse different plants in your garden, you must have some understanding of the nature and the characteristics of the plants, their growth habit and environment, soil & nutrient requirements. It is often observed that under favorable conditions, plants flourish into their characteristic shapes & sizes.