Old 30-04-2003, 05:20 PM
Wilhelmina

Default free periwinkle major for groundcover

I am about to pull them out and into the compost, but I feel
guilty doing so. So, if anyone is interested, I will save
them for you in buckets. Morrisville area, off Davis Drive

(919) 483-4559 for appt.
Old 01-05-2003, 03:20 PM
Will Cook

Wilhelmina wrote:
I am about to pull them out and into the compost, but I feel
guilty doing so. So, if anyone is interested, I will save
them for you in buckets. Morrisville area, off Davis Drive

Vinca major works well as a groundcover but it is a serious weed -- I
think you'll regret it if you plant it!

Here's some information from The Nature Conservancy to help you
eradicate it -- http://tncweeds.ucdavis.edu/esadocs/vincmajo.html

Will

Old 01-05-2003, 05:32 PM
Susan H. Simko

Will Cook wrote:

Vinca major works well as a groundcover but it is a serious weed -- I
think you'll regret it if you plant it!

Here's some information from The Nature Conservancy to help you
eradicate it -- http://tncweeds.ucdavis.edu/esadocs/vincmajo.html

I'm on total agreement that its a weed. It may be pretty but it is a
serious nuisance. I inherited some from the previous owners of our home
and am constantly fighting with it to keep it in check. It's a vining
plant that sets roots where ever the root makes contact with the ground
which gives you yet another plant to eradicate.

Sooner or later, despite my liking the pretty little purple flowers, I'm
going to break down and eradicate the whole mess of it from my garden.

Susan
s h simko at duke dot edu

Old 07-05-2003, 06:32 PM
Doctoroe

I have it back in a wooded area at the back of my property. It's a
great ground cover. And the lawn mower certainly keeps it in check.
You just wouldn't want to plant it where it's going to spread too
much. But spreading is a good quality for a ground cover no? If you
doubt it, how about crown vetch...

major rain now major algae bloom wilma[_2_] Ponds (moderated) 11 04-07-2010 12:26 PM
Periwinkle? Eddy United Kingdom 9 03-04-2009 12:31 PM
Free Website, Free Domain, Free Installation, Free Scripts hostnomi United Kingdom 0 25-03-2008 08:11 AM
How to get rid of Vinca Major - Periwinkle Alex Beach Gardening 0 02-04-2007 01:23 PM
Vinca major - Blue Periwinkle - what a damn pain ! Alex Phare Australia 2 30-10-2003 12:42 AM