GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   OK People It is Spring (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/north-carolina/195972-ok-people-spring.html)

mj 18-03-2011 11:16 AM

OK People It is Spring

Has anyone planted yet? Any brave soles willing to chance the frost
date? This has been the longest winter ever and I am ready to get my
hands dirty !

Merle Finch 18-03-2011 01:48 PM

OK People It is Spring

On 3/18/11 7:16 AM, mj wrote:
Has anyone planted yet? Any brave soles willing to chance the frost
date? This has been the longest winter ever and I am ready to get my
hands dirty !

My daughter and I planted our summer flowers last Sunday. I'm ready to
take the chance. We put in petunias, geraniums, phlox, gerbera daisies,
and several other things. Good luck.

Daniel B. Martin 18-03-2011 08:27 PM

OK People It is Spring

On 03/18/2011 07:16 AM, mj wrote:
Has anyone planted yet? Any brave soles willing to chance the frost
date? This has been the longest winter ever and I am ready to get my
hands dirty !

Sugar snap peas planted 2/19 are two inches high and look healthy.
Some of the seeds were current, some were dated 2006, but there was good
germination all 'round.

Tomato and eggplant seeds were planted in peat pots a week ago and will
be nurtured indoors for the next ~six weeks.

The weeds are doing well. Too well!

Daniel B. Martin

WesD 19-03-2011 01:16 PM

OK People It is Spring

On Mar 18, 7:16*am, mj wrote:
Has anyone planted yet? Any brave soles willing to chance the frost
date? This has been the longest winter ever and I am ready to get my
hands dirty !

Sugar snaps up 2-3 inches. Chard, spinach, beets(need thinning),
onions are all up.

Looks like I had crop failure on potatoes. If I don't see any by
Monday I am giving up - 4 weeks since planting. Some were spoiling
when I planted. I expected to see at least a few hills by now.

and19bre 22-03-2011 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mj (Post 915231)
Has anyone planted yet? Any brave soles willing to chance the frost date? This has been the longest winter ever and I am ready to get my
hands dirty !

Yay for spring!!! It is still very cold, though. I want to plant some gerberas too. Where can I get it?