Old 01-05-2003, 05:32 PM
Diane Wilson

Default ID this plant, please!

In article , PMORGAN2
@nc.rr.com says...
The plant is definitely a houseplant and should be brought inside before
cold temps zap it. Unfortunately, I don't remember the name, but I think it
is in the spath or lily family and is very commonly found in nurseries that
sell houseplants. Fairview Garden Center used to sell them and I'm pretty
sure if you look there or at Logan's, you'll find it in the tropical foliage
dept.

Penny

"Diane Wilson" wrote in message
.. .
We bought this at K-mark back in spring. It has grown well, but
is just going into its blooming cycle now in October. We have
no idea what it is; it was labelled as a lily, but we don't believe
that any more....

Anyway, it's at http://www.firelily.com/photos/DSCN1586.jpg .
The bright red leaves are more of a magenta coloring than
the orangy-red shown here. This is a cluster of three
plants, 3 to 4 feet tall. Since we don't know anything at
all about it, we don't even know if it will winter over, or
if it was intended to be an indoor plant.

Thanks for the help in identifying the plant! Looks like we'll have
to make room for it inside, and soon.

Diane
Old 01-05-2003, 05:33 PM
JB

Cordyline terminalis

Cheers

JB

"Diane Wilson" wrote in message
.. .
We bought this at K-mark back in spring. It has grown well, but
is just going into its blooming cycle now in October. We have
no idea what it is; it was labelled as a lily, but we don't believe
that any more....

Anyway, it's at http://www.firelily.com/photos/DSCN1586.jpg .
The bright red leaves are more of a magenta coloring than
the orangy-red shown here. This is a cluster of three
plants, 3 to 4 feet tall. Since we don't know anything at
all about it, we don't even know if it will winter over, or
if it was intended to be an indoor plant.

We're calling it "Esmerelda" until we know more about it.

Thanks for any/all info,

Diane