Old 01-05-2003, 06:33 PM
Ronald Rudin

Default Potted plants for new homes

Greetings plant lovers......I have various tropical plants in large pots
that must go indoors soon. I don't have space for all of them.
I am willing to part with some, trade, and accept money contributions on one
of 2 large Avocado Trees or others. The plants have flourished and are lush
and healthy. I would like the plants to have good homes.
Among the plants, grown as compilations a Angel wing begonia, Coleus,
tropical ginger, rubber tree looking plant (don't know name), and others. I
would keep some plants, take cuttings, repot smaller sections of plants, and
you may do the same after you see what is here or you may want the large
plant for your sunroom or greenhouse. I also have a large juniper tree in
pot that might be ready for the ground.
I realize that most of you are likely to have your fill of plants to care
for but I thought I'd put this out and maybe get some intriguing results and
offers. Last fall I gave away many plants in this manner.
Please respond here or at or call 929-7325 if
easier.....
Ron

Old 01-05-2003, 06:33 PM
Sunny

Can you tell me how you can provide heat and light to the plants once they
are indoors. Do you put them out during the day and take them in at night?

Old 01-05-2003, 06:33 PM
Ronald Rudin

Sunny.....

"Can you tell me how you can provide heat and light to the plants once they
are indoors. Do you put them out during the day and take them in at night?"

The plants I have will get plenty of warmth in the house even if the heat is
down to 60 degrees.
The plants are outside now in cold rain, so the house will be a relative
paradise. I doesn't matter if growth is slow or negligible during the
winter. Orange and avacado trees can handle near freezing temps.
Most of the plants I have do well in shade. I put them near windows so that
they get some direct sun and good light (especially when the leaves fall off
the trees).
I have been in the habit of putting some plants back outdoors on warmer days
in the winter, especially when the weather forecast indicates warmer days
and nights for a period of time. Some of the plants are very heavy so not
easy to bring in and out (I use a hand truck for some.)
Hope that helps......let me know if you are interested in any of the
houseplants that I have.
Ron