Old 01-05-2003, 05:34 PM
Maryanne

Default Testing

Is anybody there? You all have gone very quiet?

Maryanne

Old 01-05-2003, 05:34 PM
Anne Lurie

Nah, not so quiet -- just that we're hunkering down for winter, while
you're gearing up for spring!

Kidding, kidding -- even though we're in the Northern Hemisphere,
winter here in the purview of triangle.gardens (Raleigh-Durham-Chapel
Hill, North Carolina) is nothing like the winters of say, northern New
England! (Been there, done that, they can keep the weather!)

Hmm, if UK & Europe are "across the pond," does that mean you are "down
& out" relative to us? (Sorry, I simply could not resist!)

In any event, yeah, we're still here -- even of some of us are being
quiet for a while. (Hey, I heard that! Who said that my being quiet is
a good thing???)

Anne Lurie
NE Raleigh, NC
"Somewhere over the ocean......"

Old 01-05-2003, 05:34 PM
Mark C.

winter here in the purview of triangle.gardens (Raleigh-Durham-Chapel
Hill, North Carolina) is nothing like the winters of say, northern New
England!

That's for sure. I've successfully planted trees as late as December
here, since the ground's not frozen then. There are also some tremendous
deals to be had on trees after their leaves have succumbed to the
elements. I guess some have a psychological barrier to buying a tree
with no leaves on it, but I've found that even in winter, they do just
fine as long as you remember to give 'em a bit of water when it hasn't
rained (or snowed) in a while. And getting a tree for a half to a
quarter the regular price is a great incentive as well.

MAC

--
Mark My Words - http://www.mindspring.com/~afan/

All you need in life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is
sure. - Mark Twain

pH testing sw United Kingdom 2 02-06-2003 06:08 PM
water testing, and a chemistry lesson rnj Freshwater Aquaria Plants 41 20-04-2003 06:23 AM
soil testing R B North Carolina 3 17-03-2003 04:32 PM
water testing Greg Dalton Freshwater Aquaria Plants 6 22-02-2003 10:48 PM
Soil testing kits Pat Kiewicz Edible Gardening 5 24-01-2003 12:18 AM