GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Ref Gluing Treated Lumber (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/north-carolina/19755-ref-gluing-treated-lumber.html)

Betty Highfill 01-05-2003 05:44 PM

Ref Gluing Treated Lumber

Patrick,
Ref Glue for treated lumber
When you first purchase treated wood it is very wet. Bring it inside and
let it dry for
at least 2 weeks. Then I would use polyurethane glue, several people make
it. The bottle I
have is Elmer and I got it a Home Depot. You wet the wood slightly and as
the glue
bonds it bubbles up and fills in the cracks. It is waterproof too. It is a
little messy to
use. Rubber gloves would be good during application. Once the bottle is
opened
it tends to harden in the container so I like to have several things ready
glue when I start. Hope this helps Jerry Highfill