Old 01-05-2003, 06:44 PM
J. Fleming

Default garden cart?

I need to know where to get a reasonably priced nice garden cart in the
Triangle area. Does anyone here have a recommendation?

Many thanks,

Judi

Old 01-05-2003, 06:44 PM
mgeost

You might try the Sam's club. They had a nice, large wagon-type
garden cart last time I was there.

Troy Built sells such carts as well including those that are motor
driven. I'll spare you my thoughts on Troy Built's products since I
don't have an advanced degree is mechanical engineering.

Cheers

Old 01-05-2003, 06:44 PM
Brad Heidinger

I second the notion of the Sam's Club cart. I bought one for my Father
in-law. It was a high quality cart made with lots of steel. It is very
heavy but it will last a long time.

The only drawback is the lousy instructions. The cart comes unassembled. I
like to think of myself as pretty handy. It took the two of us a few hours
to get it together.

I like the fold down sides that this cart offered and the extra wide rubber
tires. It is big and it is heavy. Another downside is that the steel (it
has an enamel paint) will rust if left outside for long periods of time.
If it can be stored inside it shouldn't be an issue. I prefer metal over
the flimsy plastic. It is a trade off.

The price was very reasonable when comparing similar carts at HD and
Lowe's. The one at Sam's was around $50-60.