GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Tree removal suggestions (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/north-carolina/19770-tree-removal-suggestions.html)

Roberta Schaafsma 01-05-2003 05:44 PM

Tree removal suggestions

I live in northern Durham county and several trees on our property sustained
minor to major damage from the ice storm. I want to set up appointments
with 2-3 companies to get good advice (and estimates) on which ones should
just be trimmed and which need removal. I don't want to call "fly by night"
companies and am tempted to only call those in the yellow pages that list
"arborist" in their ads.

Any thoughts on using arborist vs. non-arborist companies? Any
recommendations (pro or con) on companies that serve Durham county?

Thanks for the help!
Roberta

C G 01-05-2003 05:44 PM

Tree removal suggestions

Roberta Schaafsma wrote:

I live in northern Durham county and several trees on our property sustained
minor to major damage from the ice storm. I want to set up appointments
with 2-3 companies to get good advice (and estimates) on which ones should
just be trimmed and which need removal. I don't want to call "fly by night"
companies and am tempted to only call those in the yellow pages that list
"arborist" in their ads.

Any thoughts on using arborist vs. non-arborist companies? Any
recommendations (pro or con) on companies that serve Durham county?

I don't have any recommendations, but the decision on save versus remove
is definitely best left to an arborist.

Chuck