Old 01-05-2003, 06:44 PM
Beth Peace

Default Lantana "Miss Huff"

We just had some landscaping done (just finished Wednesday) and one of the
plants installed is a "Miss Huff" Lantana. I understand it's supposed to be
hardy around here, but it's also supposed to get quite cold this weekend.
Is there anything I should do to help it survive?

Beth

Old 01-05-2003, 06:44 PM
jim wheeler

We've had them for the past 4-5 years and have had no problem with the
winters - they have come back each year and we did nothing special to
protect them. jim

. com...

Old 01-05-2003, 06:45 PM
Pat Brothers

She does best if planted after the last frost and allowed to establish
herself all summer so she has an extensive root system. I would fear for
one planted at this time of year. Bury her in mulch and cover her up
with a blanket. She starts to show life very late in the season, but if
she has shown no signs of growth by mid May, you will need to replace her.

Beth Peace wrote:

We just had some landscaping done (just finished Wednesday) and one of the
plants installed is a "Miss Huff" Lantana. I understand it's supposed to be
hardy around here, but it's also supposed to get quite cold this weekend.
Is there anything I should do to help it survive?

Beth

Pat Brothers

The Powell House
Wake Forest, NC
Zone 7b
and the Perennials Lady at Atlantic Ave. Orchid and Garden Center

Old 01-05-2003, 06:45 PM
Gene Hubert

I concur. We've got them in north Durham and they've been fine with
no winter protection but these are established plants. They say the
first winter is the most critical for marginally hardy plants. I'd be
uneasy about planting them this late but they might do just fine.
Just checked the weather and they say even colder by Thursday and
Friday. You might want to cover them with leaves or pine needles.

Good Luck,
Gene Hubert

"jim wheeler" wrote in message ...
We've had them for the past 4-5 years and have had no problem with the
winters - they have come back each year and we did nothing special to
protect them. jim

"Beth Peace" wrote in message
. com...
We just had some landscaping done (just finished Wednesday) and one of the
plants installed is a "Miss Huff" Lantana. I understand it's supposed to

be
hardy around here, but it's also supposed to get quite cold this weekend.
Is there anything I should do to help it survive?

Beth

Tis better to be Gills "Chew Toy" than one of Roy "Tristain" Hauer's "SOCKS" Tristan Ponds 0 03-01-2007 03:39 PM
Lantana camara "Miss Huff" in the UK? cactus_chris_uk United Kingdom 0 07-02-2004 03:36 AM
I Miss My Pond!!! Broomhilda Ponds 26 06-02-2004 10:20 AM
what do I miss? laz Freshwater Aquaria Plants 12 20-04-2003 07:16 AM
Near miss Dominic United Kingdom 5 16-04-2003 11:09 PM