Old 01-05-2003, 05:45 PM
Siouxzi

Default Wanted: help chipping wood

I've got this agility practice field for my dogs that I cleared last
year, about 30 ft by 60 ft or so. But the ground is stony and right
now full of fallen sticks after this winter's storms. Our whole
property is full of fallen branches, in fact.

I'd like to gather them all up in a big pile at my agility field and
get them chipped and blown out accross the field--to cushion against
the stones, and to keep weeds down.

Trick is, I need a chipper that does NOT need to be driven in attached
to a truck, becuse it will destroy the lawn (again). It has to be able
to chip branches at least 2-3 inches in diameter. It has to be easily
moveable so that the chips can be blown around in different areas. Is
this feasible?

We could possibly drive a chipper in through the dog yard gate and
open up the chain link fence in back to get to the agility field
without crossing the lawn... but there are trees to maneuver around,
and I hate to rip up the fence after I just got it repaired...

Let me know if you've got a chipper and what you can do. Hubby and I
will do all the wood-gathering and hauling--we just need the chipping.
Cheers
Sue