Old 01-05-2003, 05:45 PM
C.L. Lassiter

Default Propagation of oleander

Pardon my "intrusion" onto this thread, but I can only follow-up;
I can't start a new thread. (I have no idea why.)

Anyway, I have an oleander cutting (double, violet flowers), and
I'm wondering if it will root in water or if I need to go the rootone
route. Anyone have any experience/luck rooting oleanders?

And thanks.

cl
Old 01-05-2003, 05:45 PM
mhill

i am having the same problem. i cant seem to start my own tread. i use to do
it but just lately i can't. glad to see someone else having the same
problem. thanks for the info on passafloria. the reason i asked about pipe
vine is i see lots of pipevine swallowtails butterflies and i know that is
one of their plant foods. another is knot weed. but havent found any on
thoes plants in NC only in NJ.

Old 01-05-2003, 05:45 PM
Pat Brothers

Never tried to root oleander in water. found it easy to root with root
tone and good potting soil. I enclosed the potted cuttings in a plastic
bag, put them somewhere warm and got good results. It has been a couple
of years so I can't remember how long it took.

C.L. Lassiter wrote:

Pardon my "intrusion" onto this thread, but I can only follow-up;
I can't start a new thread. (I have no idea why.)

Anyway, I have an oleander cutting (double, violet flowers), and
I'm wondering if it will root in water or if I need to go the rootone
route. Anyone have any experience/luck rooting oleanders?

And thanks.

cl

Pat Brothers, etc.

Old 01-05-2003, 05:46 PM
ncstockguy

Our oleander rooted fairly well by taking cuttings and putting them
under a soda bottle with the bottom cut out. Then water thru the lid
occasionally. The mini-greenhouse method. Works well for all kinds of
cuttings.
What I am really wondering about, is whether our big oleander plants
here in the Raleigh area are going to make it through this winter.
Pretty darn cold winter out there this year... and this is a little
far north for them....
Old 01-05-2003, 05:46 PM
Wilhelmina

I have succesfully rooted oleander by simply letting a cutting sit on
a vase of water for about 4 weeks. I have 2 big bushes in my yard in
Morrisville. I've had them at least 5 years now. They dry up in
winter then bud in mid spring. They are about 4 ft. high. I prune
them down to a foot for the winter.

C.L. Lassiter wrote:

Pardon my "intrusion" onto this thread, but I can only follow-up;
I can't start a new thread. (I have no idea why.)

Anyway, I have an oleander cutting (double, violet flowers), and
I'm wondering if it will root in water or if I need to go the rootone
route. Anyone have any experience/luck rooting oleanders?

And thanks.

cl

Pat Brothers, etc.

Oleander - How Poisonous? David Hare-Scott Gardening 14 06-05-2003 11:20 AM
Oleander Big Wave Lawns 0 28-04-2003 08:32 PM
Oleander yellow aphids bentcajungirl Lawns 1 28-04-2003 05:56 AM
Red Oleander Seeds Angela Coffey Gardening 2 26-04-2003 05:08 PM
Propagation of oleander ncstockguy North Carolina 1 06-03-2003 07:03 PM