Old 01-05-2003, 05:45 PM
Anne Lurie

Default non-scented stuff, was Territorial mockingbird hogging feeder

Hey, there!

Interesting, Daniel, I didn't pick up on "ALL" in Kira's posts, but I think
you're right about the detergent. I use liquid Tide detergent, which isn't
too horribly scented -- and I use Downy "Free & Sensitive" fabric softener
(white bottle), which I discovered about a year ago.

Anne Lurie

"Kira Dirlik" !! wrote in message
On Sat, 01 Feb 2003 15:44:45 GMT, "Daniel B. Martin"
wrote:

Good point. I didn't consider that angle because I use non-scented

laundry
detergent and no dryer-softener products.

Daniel B. Martin

May I ask the name of the non-scented laundry detergent and where you
can buy it? I have looked and looked and they ALL seem to have some
chemical crap in them that I am allergic to (like virtually ALL
perfumes on the market today).
But to keep on topic: a friend has a used and abandoned birdnest
that is one of her treasures. Her dad, a true mountain man,
occasionally cuts his long white beard and hair outside his cabin and
just lets it blow away in the wind. This nest is lined just
beautifully with her dad's long hairs. So neat!!!!! Her brother
found it and gave it to her.
Kira

Old 01-05-2003, 05:46 PM
Kira Dirlik

On Sun, 09 Feb 2003 23:36:35 GMT, "Anne Lurie"
wrote:
Interesting, Daniel, I didn't pick up on "ALL" in Kira's posts, but I think
you're right about the detergent. I use liquid Tide detergent, which isn't
too horribly scented -- and I use Downy "Free & Sensitive" fabric softener
(white bottle), which I discovered about a year ago.
Anne Lurie

A dermatologist told me not to use Tide... that it was one of the
worst. I don't use any fabric softeners, nor sheets of stuff in my
dryer. Use dermatologist-recommended Dove soap.
I've lived here in the woods for 7 1/2 years, but the last two summers
I had developed a rash on my feet, ankles, and calves. I've seen a
number of doctors and none can pinpoint it. I know other folks who
seem to have just recently developed this same stuff. Bamboo grass?
(I started pulling it in earnest the last two summers). Systemic
reaction to tick bites? It went away completely last winter, came
back again last summer, and is mostly gone now.
Anyone else getting this? Once these allergies go systemic (I'm
told), you start developing additional allergies you never had before,
like to detergents.
I do think this is on topic... because it seems to be a new thing, is
hitting a number of people, and I'm convinced it is from something
living or growing outside in the summer.
Anyone else?
Kira