Old 01-05-2003, 06:46 PM
George

Default Custom Made Trellis / Yard Swing Hanger

Hello all,

I am a very handy wood worker that could assist in design and then build you
the trellis / yard swing hanger, etc of your dreams. Have you ever looked
for that perfect arched entry to your garden and have yet to find it? Have
you ever thought of that perfect addition to your garden, IE: Trellised yard
bench, 6'x10' arched trellis, etc.? Well let me help!

We have looked high and low for a trellis / yard swing to compliment our
yard / garden area. Well to make a long story short, we found several that
would work,however thay were terribly expensive. With that said, we took
the best of the designs out there, tweaked slightly and have come up with a
wonderful piece.

If this is appealing to you give me a call 872-1238 or 368-5720.

Thanks for your time!

George

Old 01-05-2003, 06:46 PM
Lance R.

Hmm...thanks Tom, I might have to try this myself. I downloaded the plans
for later. I'm just a beginner, I finished my first piece of real furniture
a few weeks ago: http://www.lkgallery.com/armoirefinal.jpg.

Lance

"Tom Gauldin" wrote in message
George, if you are looking for other things to build and market, consider

my
design for the Jake's Chair. The plans and description are absolutely

free
to anyone, and the only requirement is that if you build and sell it, that
you "identify" it as a Jake's Chair. This is one of many sites offering

the
free plans.
http://www.internetwoodworking.com/w5/chair.html
--

Tom Gauldin, Las Vegas NV
NEW EMAIL

Old 01-05-2003, 06:46 PM
George

Tom,
Do you have an idea of price to market the "Jakes Chair" to the general
public at? Any ideas would be appreciated. It appears to be a very nice,
sturdy, comfortable chair. I think I am going to build a few and see how
they turn out. Thanks for the tip.

George

Old 01-05-2003, 06:46 PM
Tom Gauldin

Back when our son was in high school, he built about a dozen of the chairs
and footstools from Cypress. Unfinished, he got somewhere in the $250
range, as I recall. Once you've gotten the routine down, it takes an
average of about 4-6 hours per chair, as I recall, by doing about six at a
time.

--

Tom Gauldin, Las Vegas NV
NEW EMAIL
NEW PHONE (702) 263-8804 voice/fax

. ..

Old 01-05-2003, 06:46 PM
Tom Gauldin

Not bad at all. Give a Jake's Chair and footstool a try. I geared the
plans and description to a beginner, and bet you'll enjoy it as a good
weekend project.

Old 01-05-2003, 06:46 PM
Brent Harsh

Tom Gauldin wrote:
George, if you are looking for other things to build and market, consider my
design for the Jake's Chair. The plans and description are absolutely free
to anyone, and the only requirement is that if you build and sell it, that
you "identify" it as a Jake's Chair. This is one of many sites offering the
free plans.
http://www.internetwoodworking.com/w5/chair.html
--

Tom Gauldin, Las Vegas NV
NEW EMAIL
NEW PHONE (702) 263-8804 voice/fax

Hey Tom,

The chair looks nice, and although I haven't read rec.ww in years, I now
remember that you posted there as well as on the triangle groups. Neat.

I noticed that at the bottom of the w5 page that the site maintainers still
have your old address and e-mail with a note that says "I have been told
that this email address is no longer working." So you might want to send
them your new info...

Regards,
--
Brent Harsh - KD4PBO
Cary, North Carolina, USA

Old 01-05-2003, 06:46 PM
Elizabeth

Hi George,

How about a photo?

Elizabeth

Old 01-05-2003, 06:46 PM
George

Elizabeth,

Let me breakout the old scanner and read up on it. I will try to have
something by late Saturday. Thanks.

George

"Elizabeth" wrote in message
hlink.net...