Old 01-05-2003, 06:46 PM
Elizabeth

Default Squirrel baffle for 3" bird feeder post?

Hi all,

I am looking for a disc-style squirrel baffle for my bird feeder post. The
cedar post is 3" square. I found a great one on the web, but it is for a 4"
pole. Anyone know of a source or any easy way to make one? I don't have a
whole lot of tools to work with metal, so I would prefer to find one already
made.

http://hsionline.com/products/jsweave/item7336.htm
http://www.birdsforever.com/baffles.html (toward bottom of page)

If no one knows of a source, I guess I'll get some pieces of scrap wood and
use them to make the 4x4 size fit.

Thanks,
E.

Old 01-05-2003, 06:46 PM
MAC

I just bought two plastic ones for hanging bird feeders at Logan Trading
Company and noticed they had one for a post feeder as well. Don't know
if it was for a 4" post or not - I'd give 'em a call.

MAC

Old 01-05-2003, 06:46 PM
Margaret Lillard

In ink.net "Elizabeth" writes:
I am looking for a disc-style squirrel baffle for my bird feeder post. The
cedar post is 3" square. I found a great one on the web, but it is for a 4"
pole. Anyone know of a source or any easy way to make one? I don't have a
whole lot of tools to work with metal, so I would prefer to find one already
made.

At the home and garden show this weekend, I saw a guy selling bird feeders
who had what appeared to be a clever idea for a baffle: He had a Slinky
attached to the bottom of the feeder and dangling down/around the pole.
Seemed a lot less obtrusive than those big discs, maybe cheaper too. Has
anyone tried this? If I can find a Slinky, I plan to give it a whirl.

Margaret