Old 01-05-2003, 06:46 PM
Roberta Schaafsma

Default Landscape design suggestions

Before we have some ice storm damaged trees removed we'd like to hire
someone to look at our yard with fresh eys and create a landscape
(re)design. We can do the planting ourselves if we have a plan to follow,
it's the creative eye we lack. We'd also like someone who can think beyond
the overdone leyland cypress, pear tree, etc. Any suggestions of
people/companies that have done good work for you along these lines? We
live in Durham county in an older, middle-class neighborhood, so I'm not
looking for "high end" designing.

Thanks!
Roberta

Old 01-05-2003, 06:46 PM
Anthony Cottle

I have been very happy with Gaia Garden Design (or something like that, I
can't find the card right now!). They do landscape designing, landscaping,
and garden constrution. They are very good with bamboo structures. They
can be reached at 949-8992. Not sure if they will work in Durham County or
not but know that they have gone as far west as Morrisville.

Tony

Old 01-05-2003, 06:46 PM
Roberta Schaafsma

Many thanks to those who responded to me on and off list. I now have a
great list of people to call! Roberta