Old 01-05-2003, 06:46 PM
Arwen Long

Default help for wilters?

Well, I planted a bunch of seeds a while back and they're doing funny
things. Just when I think I've got the little black fly problem under
control with flea soap... Anyway, the seeds sprouted and looked quite
happy until the middle of last week, when their leaves started to curl a
little bit. Then some started falling over! Now it looks like a mass
movement and it looks like at least some of these little wilters have
black-tipped leaves. Is this a disease or a fungus or a blight or did I
just leave the cover on too long? Or did the night my house fell to about
55 degrees make them unhappy? (the plants that were _not_ covered are
still doing well)

Thanks

Arwen

Old 01-05-2003, 06:46 PM

Sounds like a damping-off fungus to me. Cool (55 degrees? brrr!), moist
conditions increase your chances of getting damping-off. But that's just
my guess. Maybe someone else here will confirm my guess or offer
something better.

HELP HELP HELP Lynne Orchids 6 07-05-2004 02:03 AM
help with high light/high co2 tank out of balance = greenwater :( help J. H. Freshwater Aquaria Plants 17 08-04-2003 05:44 PM
[IBC] IBCers You can help the list (was: [IBC] Please help me :-))) Jim Lewis Bonsai 0 23-03-2003 01:44 AM
help for wilters? Arwen Long North Carolina 1 11-03-2003 04:56 PM
help! Please help find out what kind of plants I have :) Dave M. Picklyk Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 18-02-2003 06:09 AM