Old 01-05-2003, 05:46 PM
Doctoroe

Default Bumper crop of weeds...

Ahhh... spring has sprung, the sky is blue the breeze is balmy and we
have a bumper crop of weeds coming up in last year's garden plot.
They seem to be two types of ground cover type weeds with little
blooms..mostly white, some blue or violet color. Here is a photo of
some of them.
http://www.farmphoto.com/homestead/m....asp?mid=36173

Any expert weeders out there know what these are?
Thanks
Old 01-05-2003, 05:46 PM
Arwen Long

Hmm... I'm on a search for a good non-mow groundcover, so if you're
getting rid of those then let me know first...
How often do people post solicitations for weeds?

Old 01-05-2003, 05:46 PM

In article ,
Doctoroe wrote:
They seem to be two types of ground cover type weeds with little
blooms..mostly white, some blue or violet color. Here is a photo of
some of them.

Without a closeup to confirm, I'd guess the white flowering one is
chickweed and the ones with the violet flowers are an ajuga. They're
both quick to take over the vegetable garden here in the spring.

--
Steve

Old 01-05-2003, 05:46 PM
Doctoroe

I'm not sure you'd want these, Arwen. They seem to fade away when it
gets hot.
I am sure you want a groundcover that stays in place all year.
Asiatic Jasimine is great for this.. periwinkel is good... but I would
stay away from these kinds of weeds if I were you

Arwen Long wrote in message news:Pine.GSO.4.53.0303141927220.16024@godzilla6. acpub.duke.edu...
Hmm... I'm on a search for a good non-mow groundcover, so if you're
getting rid of those then let me know first...
How often do people post solicitations for weeds?

On Thu, 13 Mar 2003, Doctoroe wrote:

Ahhh... spring has sprung, the sky is blue the breeze is balmy and we
have a bumper crop of weeds coming up in last year's garden plot.
They seem to be two types of ground cover type weeds with little
blooms..mostly white, some blue or violet color. Here is a photo of
some of them.
http://www.farmphoto.com/homestead/m....asp?mid=36173

Any expert weeders out there know what these are?
Thanks

Bumper apple crop this year? Jeff Layman[_2_] United Kingdom 15 01-08-2015 08:45 AM
Bumper plum crop JKS United Kingdom 4 05-08-2004 02:19 PM
Bumper crop of weeds... Doctoroe North Carolina 3 15-03-2003 03:56 PM
Weeds...Weeds...Weeds J. Farnsworth Wallaby Gardening 4 14-03-2003 11:09 PM
bumper crop o' weeds... Doctoroe Gardening 2 14-03-2003 06:20 PM