Old 01-05-2003, 05:46 PM
R B

Default soil testing

I'm interested in having the soil in my yard tested, so I can add the
appropriate materials when planting plants with different needs, but I
don't know who to contact for this service. Can anyone tell me the
appropriate entity to contact for soil testing in the triangle area?

Thanks!
Old 01-05-2003, 05:46 PM
Baine Carruthers

Here's the link for more info:
http://www.agr.state.nc.us/agronomi/sthome.htm
4300 Reedy Creek Rd., Raleigh. 3 weeks turn around time right now.
Everyone has the same thought and the farm operators come first.

Baine

om...

Old 01-05-2003, 05:46 PM
MAC

Here's the link for more info:
http://www.agr.state.nc.us/agronomi/sthome.htm

They have sample boxes there you can pick up and fill with dirt. Make
sure you note exactly where you got the sample, both on the box and in a
note to yourself, before you bring them in for testing. Otherwise it's
easy to forget exactly where a sample came from. There are also master
gardeners on staff there who can answer just about any gardening question.

MAC

Old 01-05-2003, 05:46 PM
R B

Thanks for the info, Baine - looks like everyone really does have the
same thought at the same time!

"Baine Carruthers" wrote in message ...
Here's the link for more info:
http://www.agr.state.nc.us/agronomi/sthome.htm
4300 Reedy Creek Rd., Raleigh. 3 weeks turn around time right now.
Everyone has the same thought and the farm operators come first.

Baine

om...

Soil testing Jason Walter Gardening 8 28-01-2004 01:33 PM
Soil testing kits Jon Edible Gardening 6 07-10-2003 02:32 PM
Soil testing kits? David Hare-Scott Australia 0 05-04-2003 06:35 AM
soil testing R B North Carolina 3 17-03-2003 04:32 PM
Soil testing kits Pat Kiewicz Edible Gardening 5 24-01-2003 12:18 AM