Old 01-05-2003, 10:44 PM
Don S.

Default Funky Fungus

Hi. I got a couple loads of the free storm debris mulch in Cary earlier this
year. This week, I was out of town for a couple of days. When I returned on
Wednesday evening, I saw a couple of patches in the mulch. From a distance, I
thought the dog had barfed in the area. Upon closer inspection, I noticed a
pale yellowish fungus. I turned it over, and it was bright yellow on the
bottom. It has now appeared in a couple of other spots. Any suggestions on
what to do to remove it, and prevent it from reappearing ?

Thanx....don
Old 02-05-2003, 10:56 PM
Susan Hogarth

On Thu, 01 May 2003 21:36:25 GMT, in article
, Don S. wrote:

Hi. I got a couple loads of the free storm debris mulch in Cary earlier this
year. This week, I was out of town for a couple of days. When I returned on
Wednesday evening, I saw a couple of patches in the mulch. From a distance, I
thought the dog had barfed in the area. Upon closer inspection, I noticed a
pale yellowish fungus. I turned it over, and it was bright yellow on the
bottom. It has now appeared in a couple of other spots. Any suggestions on
what to do to remove it, and prevent it from reappearing ?

Slime mold, I'll bet. They're cute - why kill it? Won't take over your yard, I
promise

http://www.coopext.colostate.edu/TRA...NTS/slime.html

or,

http://tinyurl.com/ausc

- Susan
Old 03-05-2003, 02:45 AM
Anne Lurie

"Susan Hogarth" Slime mold, I'll bet. They're cute -
why kill it? Won't take over your yard, I
promise

Susan, don't tell me, let me guess -- you don't have any dogs *in* your
house, do you??? (It was your use of the term "cute" that gave you away!)

Anne Lurie (wondering why exactly I own dogs, anyway.....)
NE Raleigh

Old 03-05-2003, 07:20 AM
Susan Hogarth

Anne Lurie wrote:

"Susan Hogarth" Slime mold, I'll bet. They're cute
- why kill it? Won't take over your yard, I
promise

Susan, don't tell me, let me guess -- you don't have any dogs *in* your
house, do you??? (It was your use of the term "cute" that gave you away!)

Only three

--
Susan Hogarth
Old 03-05-2003, 05:44 PM
Patti2cat

I saw a couple of patches in the mulch. From a distance, I
thought the dog had barfed in the area.

I've seen this discussed somewhere before---maybe in this ng. From those
comments it sounds as though what you have is, yep, dog puke fungus. (Honest,
that's what those "experts" called it.) Said to appear only on *hardwood*
mulch.

Patti

Heads Up: 'Life on Mars' SP Is Funky Dr. Personality Ponds 0 26-12-2007 01:55 AM
funky looking protocorm nigel savage Orchids 4 21-12-2005 11:50 PM
Help with funky fish Carl Beyer Ponds 51 16-01-2005 12:50 AM
Help with funky fish Carl Beyer Ponds 0 12-01-2005 03:52 PM
funky garden lighting spywho United Kingdom 5 02-06-2004 12:24 AM