GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Hellooooooo (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/north-carolina/200288-hellooooooo.html)

mj 07-11-2011 11:51 AM

Hellooooooo

Has everyone gone to sleep for the winter? I picked the rest of the
peppers and pulled the plants yesterday. For the peppers it was a good
year. Tomatoes have seen their last chance in my dirt garden. I will
keep a few in the greenhouse and the hydroponics. Because of the space
I allowed them I don't have nearly enough zucchini in the freezer.
Yellow and butternut squash did well and I have had enough cucumbers
for salad and pickles to last the winter. So all in all it was a good
year. I have peas and lettuce growing well now in the greenhouse and
more started. I don't know how well they will do but I have had
success in the past. I have an electric heater that only keeps it
just above freezing for the winter and things seem to do ok. I have
planted an Amaryllis and have no idea what I am doing. Any advice? It
is popped up through the bulb with 4 or 5 leaves. I have it under a
grow light of sorts. It is by my Aero Garden. I grow Basil and Parsley
in that for the winter so as long as it is on thats where I put the
Amaryllis.
I hope everyone had a good growing season and will stick around for
the long winter ahead of us.
MJ