GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Tomatoes transplanted (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/north-carolina/203132-tomatoes-transplanted.html)

Daniel B. Martin 16-04-2012 08:09 PM

Tomatoes transplanted

Eighteen seedlings were transplanted today. Mulched, caged, watered.
These were "home starts" grown indoors under a fluorescent grow-light.
We had a bad experience with seedlings purchased from a Big Box
retailer and won't make that mistake again.

Daniel B. Martin

Dick Adams[_2_] 18-04-2012 07:28 AM

Tomatoes transplanted

Daniel B. Martin wrote:
Eighteen seedlings were transplanted today. Mulched, caged,
watered. These were "home starts" grown indoors under a
fluorescent grow-light.

We had a bad experience with seedlings purchased from a Big Box
retailer and won't make that mistake again.

My childbride buys annual flowers for our flower boxes from
a Big Box store. But that's it. Everything else comes from
nurseries.

Tomatoes are fruits. This year I'm planting in containers
so I can three of each, Tomatoes, Bell Peppers, and Habeneros,
in for the winter and see if I can get a second harvest under
my hydroponic grow light.